Thursday, September 1, 2011

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


So when I make chocolate chip cookies they usually turn out flat...they taste pretty good still. But I have always wanted to make a nice thick chewy chocolate chip cookie! Well, I finally found the recipe... actually my husband found the recipe! We were online the other night in search of another cookie recipe to try, because I usually fail in the chocolate chip cookie department!

This recipe makes big chewy chocolate chip cookies that look like they are right from a bakery! They would be great for packaging in bags for party favors! We made just a few fresh, then scooped the remainder of the dough and put the cookie dough balls into freezer Ziploc bags then in the freezer. Now when we are needing to satisfy our sweet tooth we can grab a couple out of the freezer and bake em! However, they need to bake longer if you are baking them from the freezer. We still baked them at 325 degrees, but for a couple extra minutes on top of the 15-20 minute baking time when the dough is at room temperature. They need to bake so long because each cookie is 1/4 cup of cookie dough! They come out a little crunchy on the outside and chewy in the center.We found the recipe at allrecipes.com, which is an awesome site for finding new recipes if you aren't familiar with it. Here is the link to the recipe below; over 80,500 people have saved the recipe on the site...so I think it is a keeper!


Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

1 comment:

  1. I can never make a decent chocolate chip cookie. My recipe is:

    1. Get in the car
    2. Drive to Paradise Bakery
    3. Order cookies
    4. Pay
    5. Eat

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!